Our Future & Our Opportunity
A new 79,990 sq. ft. Catholic School, constructed on 30 of 65 acres purchased at the corner of Criswell Street and Hopewell Avenue, will serve as a launching pad for evangelization in our community. The new facility will provide parents a faith-based choice for education that is built on a strong foundation of Catholic faith and values.
- State-of-the-art classrooms — Two each for grades K – 8 will be housed within a two-story, accessible building designed for safety, collaborative learning, and future growth.
- State-of-the-art classrooms, current technology, and other educational and activity spaces will enhance the learning experience for students, providing them the best possible environment in which to learn and grow. Truly a “School for the Future”
- A dedicated STEM Lab, a fully equipped Science Lab, an Art Room, a Music Room and a Performance Stage will provide a wide range of opportunities for students to explore, seek, and achieve their full potential.
- Curriculum support spaces for small groups and collaboration, including Collaboration Spaces, Learning Stairs, and an 8000 sq. ft. Outdoor Learning Area, will help ensure students are well equipped to meet the challenges of the future and succeed in life.
- A high-school-sized gymnasium with wood floors, locker room facilities, and bleacher seating for 360 will provide students and our community ample space for physical activity during the school day, extracurricular sports, and a variety of school and parish events. Facilities will include a 50,000 sq. ft playground.
- A separate wing, with a separate secure entrance, will provide Infant and Toddler care, a Nap Room, Early Childhood Learning, and four pre-K classrooms – two each for 3-year-olds and 4-year-olds. This wing will provide a desperately needed resource for young families.
- Before school and after school “Wrap Around” care will be available.
- In keeping with the Catholic Educational model, the school will have a Catholic Chapel that is accessible from the Common’s area.
- A full-service Kitchen, and a Commons Area that serves as the cafeteria and opens to the Gymnasium, Library, and the Learning Stairs activities area, will accommodate all-school masses and other large group events including retreats and CEW weekends.
- Offices for the principal, the school nurse, and admin staff will be together in a separate administrative area with a reception lobby and secure entry. The admin area will also provide for teacher work areas and lunchroom. Offices for counselors and other educational support staff will be housed in the K – 8 wing; thus being more accessible to the students.
- Providing a broad array of comprehensive faith-based services, the St. Joan of Arc Catholic School will be convenient for families and support our children at various stages of development.