Your Donations at Work – Site Preparation Begins
With Commitment Weekend just four weeks away (December 2-3), our Project Managers overseeing construction, Daryl Schloz and Mike Johnson, want to provide you this update:
- Site preparation for St. Joan of Arc Catholic School is underway. Work started this week on the 30 acres designated for the new school. (The remaining 35 acres will be rented to the seller for farming.)
- Work with Bray Architects and Russell Construction is on track. Our goal & expectation remains that we will open the new school the Fall of 2025.
- From a construction perspective, we feel very good about our status. Getting funding to do what we are designing is the issue.
- A St Joan of Arc Finance Committee has been established to develop the overall funding and its availability to support the overall project. This Committee is led by Paul Alagna (OLOL Trustee) and includes the Priests, Trustees and Parish Finance Chairs from both parishes, Donna Metzger (SJA Finance Director), and the Project Managers.
- We plan on a late-December review on funding to determine if we need to make any significant changes to the design and thus the bid packages for construction.
Help Us Reach The Finish Line
This past week, total pledges and gifts for our One Faith – One Family – One Future Capital Campaign approached $13.9 million. Thank you to all our parishioners and friends who have pledged their support. So many have given generously!
The Celebration Goal of $15M is within reach, but we REALLY need to reach the $25M Challenge Goal at a minimum to avoid scaling back the project. Things we’re doing:
- We’re establishing a team to pursue pledges from area businesses. If you want to be involved or have suggestions for team members, please contact Tim Voss, our Steier Group Campaign Manager at email@example.com.
- We’re also asking anyone who pledged early to consider an additional gift and those who made one-time gifts to consider multi-year pledges in support of the campaign.
- And, we’re inviting those of you who have yet to give to consider the many ways you can support this historic effort for our faith community.
The historic and future relevance of this project are central to this week’s campaign video post, “Building a New School.” You’ll find it on each parish’s Facebook page and here on the campaign website.
Keep those gifts and pledges coming! Remember, the more money raised before the end of the year, the more we can commit to accomplishing, and the less we’ll have to borrow to accomplish it! Every gift – no matter the amount – moves us closer to the finish line!